Thursday, March 6, 2008

Highschool Politics

So, I decided to take a break from my boy problems to talk about something that a few more people might actually care about and that is the ongoing primaries. I personally am a Hil-dog (Hilary Clinton) supporting. And the Hil-dog is a South Park reference. Yay South Park! I agree with what she stands for and love that she's taking a risk. She is the first serious female candidate for president and I think she's overall a good person to have in office. It's time for a change in the way America thinks about things and who better than a woman to change that. I don't care what women-fearing men say about a woman in office, I think she's mature and smart enough to run the country and do better for us.

I am, however, not such a fan of Barrack Obama. I think he is way too inexperienced to be the president at this time. Maybe one day but not right now. He is an amazing speaker and someone who as an incredible way with words, but he hasn't had the time in office to make the change he claims he will bring for the country. Hil-dog does. He also seems to have a cult following, what with people in the audience crying as soon as walks out. Tell me, what has he actually done is his time of office that tells us he will actually bring change to the country?

Bottom line, when it comes down to Election Day the two names I would love to see on the ballot are Hil-dog and John McCain. And if Obama's name happens to be the ballot next to McCain's I hope for the sake of the country that McCain is elected into office. Well, now that that's done and over with.

This weekend is going to, by definition, blow. Here's what it looks like

Friday- Half day at school, but no one to hang out with as of right now (Thursday night). After that, I have dinner with my dad's side of the family for my grandmother birthday! Woohoo! I hate being the only kid in the immediate family. If their were some cousins or something (Other than Dave in Michigan, love him but he's not blood) it might be a little more fun since I would have someone closer to my age to actually hang out with.

Saturday- Hal's son and daughter are coming down for "family time" so I have to stay home Saturday night as well to hang out with them. And we're spending most of the day shopping for the daughters dress for the wedding. The only thing I'm looking forward to is getting shoes for prom, which is April 5th by the way! YAY!

Sunday- Who actually does things on Sunday? I usually spend this day resting and then getting ready for the school week.

I don't know, I guess it hasn't been such an exciting week.

Hopefully next week will be better. =/

No comments: